I love when I have the opportunity to get creative in the gym & use traditional equipment in a non-traditional way. Here are a few different exercises you can perform on one of my favorite stations---the squat rack!
A Multitasking Machine!
The Squat Rack
My favorite piece of equipment is the squat rack because you can get a full body workout without ever leaving the rack. On days that I need a quick & effective workout this is my go to routine:
1. Barbell Squats: Focuses on your core, glutes, hamstrings & quads. There are a variety of squats you can perform but my favorite is the sumo barbell squat because it also hits your inner thighs.
2. Pull-ups: If you look up when you're at the rack you will notice that most of them have a built in set of pull-up bars that will allow you to focus on almost every part of your upper body---biceps, triceps, lats, forearms, shoulders and core. I know they're hard to perform but I guarantee you they're worth the investment!
3. Barbell Chest Press: I would have never thought of using the squat rack to work out my chest, but a trainer friend of mine showed me this exercise and now I'm obsessed with sharing it. It's the same move you'd perform on a bench, but you're using the floor instead.
4. Barbell Bicep Curl: Looking to focus on your biceps and forearms? Load up your barbell and curl away! Note that most bars weigh about 40LBS so take that into consideration when adding on weight.
5. Hanging Leg Raises: I love ending my workout with core work, and hanging leg raises are definitely one of my faves. They focus on your core and both your lower and upper abdominals.